By now you may have read that Mitel Communications is acquiring Shoretel. CSM embraces this and is excited for an even stronger company is going to emerge, a company that produces leading edge unified communications equipment at great price points. CSM is further enthused as it will allow us to round out our product portfolio for Hospitality by offering Mitel alongside Phonesuite and NEC for hotels and motels. Phonesuite will still be our lead product as we believe it offers the best value for the price, but Mitel is preferred by some flags and CSM can now accommodate those as well. Mitel has committed to supporting Shoretel products for at least the next 5 years, so there is no fear in anything you may have recently purchased or are thinking about purchasing. This includes hardware and software from Shoretel. CSM will continue to support Shoretel equipment past the Mitel end of support date for as long as we have the staff capable of supporting it. This is also a homecoming for CSM as we originally sold and serviced Mitel equipment in the early 1990s – and still have a few customers with those original Mitel SX50 systems installed, which is a testament to the longevity and robustness of the Mitel product.
- Mitel commits to support Shoretel product for at least 5 years
- Mitel and Shoretel products will be merged
- Acquisition closes Q3 2017
- CSM will continue to support Shoretel product past Mitel’s end of support in the future
- Shoretel product is still available and is not discontinued, end of life, or end of support
- Shortel software is still currently being developed