Top 5 ShoreTel VoIP Phone System Features Your Employees will Love!
Wherever your company is located, be it in Tampa, Orlando, Naples, Mobile, Austin, San Marcos or San Antonio, your employees will be sure to love their new ShoreTel phone system. CSM has been installing ShoreTel VoIP telephone systems for five years now, and in appreciation for this amazing product, we have compiled a list of five favorite features our customers love to use on their new phone systems!
- Join– Using the “join” feature, users can quickly connect three parties for what amounts to an ad hoc conference call. The CSM Service Department uses this to connect customers to field technicians for quick answers to customer queries, while leaving the dispatch on the line to complete the call and the ticket once the customer is finished speaking with the tech.
- Find Me/ Follow Me– Our customers with Sales departments utilize this feature heavily. Basically, a user can setup their extension, through ShoreTel Communicator, to ring a cell/ home/ any phone you want after two or three rings at their desk; even caller ID is passed to the second phone. After transferring out, if the call is unanswered at the second location, it will return to the ShoreTel voice mail.
- ShoreTel Communicator History Tab– Out of the tabs on ShoreTel Communicator (History, Contacts, Voice Mail, Speed Dial, Call Details) History is one of the most used by our clients. Due to the fact that it holds 1,000 call logs, it is a wealth of information. Calls are sort-able by time, caller ID, notes, and other categories. Notes can be added to any call for reference and the log can be exported into a number of formats, including Microsoft Excel.
- Unified Messaging– This feature, also known as UM or sometimes electronic voice mail, is another ShoreTel hallmark. Not only can the voice mail messages be emailed as .Wav files, but with ShoreTel, you also have the option for a simple notification to be sent, or for an enhanced notification containing a playback link. When the link is activated, the user can stream the message to their device over the LAN or WAN. We prefer this option as it allows the network to not become bogged down with large emails containing .Wav files and is also more secure as users cannot forward messages through their email application.
- Pickup– Another one of those ,”wow, I wish that we had this button YEARS ago!” Pickup is so simple it’s crazy. When you hear a phone ringing that is not your own, simply press the pre-programmed “pickup” button, dial the extension number, and the call is picked up at your station. That’s it! Assistants love this button because it makes picking up an executives line very simple. Other users enjoy this feature in other ways, such as when a Reception steps away from the desk and the phone starts ringing, anybody nearby can pickup the call without leaving their desk. It is truly a godsend for customer service.
Honestly, we at CSM struggled to contain ourselves to only five favorite features. There are so many other ShoreTel applications that warrant mentioning such as “Park/ Unpark,” “Mode” and it’s five options, integrated headset port, “conference,” and many others. ShoreTel VoIP phone systems really are, as the tagline goes, “Brilliantly Simple.”